Attorney for Modification of Child Support in Ohio

A court can modify an award of child support if there has been a change of circumstances significant enough to justify a modification.  A change of circumstances can generally be found if there has been an increase or decrease in the income of one of the parents.  A parent who has become unemployed or underemployed would certainly be a factor in a change of circumstances determination.  However, if a party voluntarily becomes unemployed or underemployed, a court may impute income to that parent.  If you need help in modifying your child support payments, contact an attorney at Harris & Engler.  

Child Support Arrearages

Child support obligations can only be modified going forward.  That is, if you owe child support arrearages, you cannot go back in time to change the amount that is owed.  That is why it is so important to modify your child support obligation moving forward.  However, if you owe a significant amount of child support arrearages, it may be possible for an attorney to negotiate a reduction in your arrearages.  

Ohio Child Support Attorney

If you need to talk to an attorney about modifying the amount of child support being paid, or you want an attorney to negotiate a reduction of your child support arrearages, then contact an attorney at Harris & Engler by calling (614) 610-9988.  The law firm of Harris & Engler is located in Columbus, Ohio, and its attorneys help clients with child support modification issues across central Ohio.


Columbus Business Law Firm

Disclaimer:  Harris & Engler offers this website and the content on it for informational purposes only, as a service for our clients and friends.  The contents of this site are not considered legal advice for any purpose, and you should not consider them as such advice or as legal opinion on any matters. 

With Offices Located at: 30 Northwoods Blvd., Suite 350, Columbus, Ohio 43235
Phone: (614) 610-9988  Email: