Get Your Business Started with a Start-Up KitColumbus and greater Central Ohio community is a fantastic place to start a business. There are a few different ways to own a business: as a sole proprietor, a partnership, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), a Corporation, and a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), among others. Sole proprietorships and partnerships arise automatically under the law. To put it another way, if you start doing an activity for the purpose of making money, then you've automatically formed a sole proprietorship (or a partnership if there is more than one person involved in the money making venture).
You do not have to take any special action to form a business as a sole proprietor or partnership. You do have to take special action to form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or Corporation. There are a large number of reasons why you would want to form a LLC or Corporation. The biggest reason is to protect yourself from liability.
The attorneys at Harris & Engler provide business start up kits for individuals who need to form a LLC or Corporation. The law firm of Harris & Engler is located in Columbus, Ohio, and its attorneys offer business start up services for clients across Central Ohio, including Delaware and Marysville.
Ohio Business Start Up AttorneysThe attorneys at Harris & Engler can cover all the legal aspects of starting a business by providing you with a start up kit for you business. The attorneys at Harris & Engler can provide your business the following services:
- Selection and registration of a company name
- Filing Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State
- Registration of an Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the IRS
- Drafting your corporate books (Operating Agreement, Share Certificates, etc.)
- Advise on how to structure your company's taxes
- Advise on required corporate formalities
- Website advise (if applicable - attorneys can help you prepare your website disclaimers and advise you on the laws surrounding advertising)
- Consumer Sales Practices Act compliance (if applicable)
- Advise on issues with hiring employees
- Advise with respect to Ohio Department of Taxation issues (if applicable)
- Statutory Agent services